Water Treatment Operations Specialist
The Water Treatment Operations Specialist will be responsible for managing safe, compliant and reliable operations activities and providing a clear direction with regards to priorities for the source water treatment facility.
Reporting directly to the OTL, the Water Treatment Operations Specialist is the key interface between the Operations team and the Water Treatment Plant.
Water Treatment Operations Specialist role is a coaching and advisory position. Deliverables are achieved through influence, and this is heavily reliant upon the relationship the individual develops with national staff at the field locations
The role will work closely with the Operations Maintenance Advisor to deliver safe execution of the facility plan and timely resolution of operational issues.
As a member of the operations team the Water Treatment Operations Specialist has a key role in ensuring compliance against all areas of Process Safety, Operating Discipline and Product Quality.
The Water Treatment Operations Specialist may deputise for the OTL as required and will have direct interaction with maintenance, sub-surface, production optimisation, inspection, engineering, and projects
* Demonstrate strong safety leadership and exemplary safety behaviours at all times ensuring that safety expectations are communicated and reinforced.
* Carry out LSV’s, audits, participate in incident investigations and lead/assist teams on determining root cause and suitable preventative measures.
* Coach and develop their direct reports and members of the national team to support the nationalisation agenda.
Risk / Operating Discipline
* Ensure changes to plant and equipment is subject to the appropriate level of Management of Change before putting into service.
* Be visible on site to test and verify that Operating Discipline standards are being set and maintained by the site personnel.
* Responsible for ensuring full compliance with any Operational Risk Assessments (ORAs) that are in place covering defective plant or conditions
* Responsible for ensuring timely execution and accurate close out of all production related maintenance.
* Provide assurance to OTL on compliance at site with Control of Work procedure. Provide coaching on site to Site Controllers, Area Authority’s and Isolating Authority’s
* Lead by example and fully compliant with code of conduct and Values and Behaviours expectations when dealing with others in the organisation.
* Motivate the team, celebrate their successes and ensure their views and problems are listened to and suggestions are considered
* Is a competent and active process isolation assessor.
Production Delivery, Optimisation & Excellent Performance
* Responsible for understanding the day to day plant optimisation and quality constraints in order maximise daily production.
* Actively monitor product quality and manage interventions when quality issues arise. Be proactive to make early interventions on indication of quality issues.
* Responsible for ensuring robust plant watch keeping and monitoring routines are completed with all deviations acted on and ensuring system is fit for purpose.
* Manage plant availability to ensure that safety critical maintenance is completed and production requirements are met.
* Lead and support 5 Whys investigations for all production losses and product quality issues over defined limits.
* Responsible for updating the plant vulnerability database so it is an accurate reflection of plant status.
* Ensure plant operations are operated within the design envelope and that any deviations are risk assessed via operational risk assessments.
* Plant is prepared and reinstated in support of TAR execution schedule, ensuring SIMOPS are identified and managed early enough in the schedule.
* Provide project team support during design, construction and commissioning phases
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* A proven experience in injection water treatment plants is a must.
* In depth knowledge of source water chemical treatment, de-aeration, mechanical filtration and decontamination.
* A minimum of 10 years’ experience in water treatment and injection operations preferably in a culturally diverse working environment.
* Interpersonal communication skills are critically important to the Ops Specialist position and should be demonstrably excellent.
* Experience of supervisory roles in culturally and linguistically diverse working environments.
* In depth knowledge of control of work systems, previous experience with issuing Permits to Work system.
* Not essential but preferable Middle Eastern cultural awareness, and basics in the Arabic language.