Topaz Energy and Marine is a leading offshore support vessel company that provides marine logistics solutions to the global energy industry. We operate in the Caspian, Middle East, West Africa and subsea markets with a fleet of over 100 vessels and a team of over 2000 people.
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia- Since 2012, Topaz has been building its presence in Saudi Arabia, where we have multiple vessels engaged in a range of offshore support activities for the Country’s largest NOC and other major IOCs.
To ensure & deliver front-line QHSSE support and oversight with the operational teams, ensuring availability at vessels and worksites, so that the highest QHSSE performance standards are achieved and maintained.
Job Title QHHSE Officer (Tanajib)
Department Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Location Tanajib – Saudi Arabia
Direct Reporting Line Port Captain
PROMOTING A STRONG, PRO-ACTIVE SAFETY CULTURE
Ensure the Company’s Safety Culture is promoted and maintained to the highest possible standards, in all locations, through;
- Active engagement with all employees on HSE-related issues
- Promoting open dialogue between all employees and departments on means to drive and improve
- Participating in & providing input to HSE-related meetings and inspections
- Actively promoting the Company’s Control of Work processes and safe working practices
- Induct current and new employees and crew on company QHSSE policies and procedures
DELIVERY OF QHSSE SERVICES
Ensure all QHSSE-related services and support are delivered via hands-on engagement with vessels and worksites;
- Actively partake in safety meetings, to encourage constructive discussion and drive engagement
- Ensure all vessels and worksites are visited as frequently as possible, with Management Visit Reports being submitted and followed-up
- Assist vessels and worksites in the safe management of tasks, implementation of Control of Work systems and maintenance of all safe working practices
CONDUCT OF AUDITS & INSPECTIONS
Undertake, report and manage actions arising from vessel audits & inspections, to provide oversight of;
- On-board safety & vessel management
- Level of crews’ safety culture & safety awareness
- Effectiveness of on-board SMS implementation
- Proactive awareness of on-board improvement opportunities and potential non- conformities
- In conjunction with directions from the Group QHSSE function, conduct internal audits in other business units as required
INCIDENTS & LESSONS LEARNT
- Provide on-the-ground assistance to investigations and associated follow-up actions.
- Ensure an appropriate level of QHSSE representation and involvement during client- led investigations.
- Provide HSE-specific input to Group QHSSE function for compilation and publication of Safety Flashes & Safety Bulletins
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- All regional offshore and onshore staff
- Other regions’ QHSSE team members
- Group QHSSE function
- Client’s HSE representatives
- Flag & Class representatives
- Suppliers/Contractors (on QHSSE related matters)
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Possess International Marine Qualification with a minimum of STCW II/2 or III/2 Certificate of Competency
- Professional Qualification or Certification in QHSSE related field
- NEBOSH preferred
- DPA and CSO qualification preferred.
- Must have 2 years’ experience in the implementation of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental programs preferably dealing with offshore supply vessels.
- Internal auditor for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards (Lead Auditor preferred)
- Experienced Mariner preferred
Job Specific Skills:
- Strong, clear communication skills particularly in regard to maintenance of HSE standards
- Experience of interfacing with clients and meeting their demands in relation to implementation and management of HSE-specific aspects
- Must have good working knowledge of ISM and ISPS codes, other standards (MLC, MARPOL, SOLAS, ISO, OHSAS, etc.) and statutory regulations relating to vessel operations.
- Experience in conducting and reporting incident investigations
Concern for the consequences of action and alertness to quality are key components in this work. The position involves a variety of activities in which stress is placed on accurate weighing of facts or awareness of protocol and regulations, yet there is an urgency to “do something”.
This position is calling for a person, who has a perfectionist approach to situations and enjoys researching facts and information. The job holder should be capable of communicating with others in an analytical manner within a technical area of expertise.
The achievement of results and the need to be involved in a variety of tasks which call for accuracy and the attention to detail are aspects of the job. Standard operating procedures, adherence to rules and systems and the ability to maintain quality and standards are also important. The job holder should be conventional, consistent, adaptive, precise, careful, active, alert, self-starting, inquisitive, friendly and confident.
‘The Topaz Way’
Topaz Energy and Marine values our employees and through a values-based performance culture, we follow ‘The Topaz Way’.
- See it – you own it
- If you have the capability – you have the duty!
- Status quo – is regress
- Accept no loss or accident which could have been avoided by applying constant care
- We win together