Part A: Job Specification
Job Purpose * Ensures the effective implementation of the Project and Quality Management Systems (QMS) as applied to the EPC tendering, engineering, procurement and execution of NFPS Offshore project, including oversight of EPC Contractor, including its vendors and manufacturers.
* Provides specialist technical advice to project team on welding and non-destructive examination (NDE) especially relating to Corrosion Resistant Alloy pipelines
Reporting and Relationships * Reports to Assurance Manager
* No direct reports
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
* Requires the ability to effectively communicate quality matters at project level and Senior Management.
* Communication and coordination across various organization and with Contractors and Vendors in a multi-cultural environment.
* Persuasive man-management attributes are essential across all levels of the organization with an ability to establish and maintain open and responsive relationships.
* Applies extensive industry-based experience and knowledge to promote and establish existing systems, processes and procedures within a structured quality framework.
* Manages the implementation of PMT Quality solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner that compliments safety, cost and schedule.
Key Job Accountabilities
* Ensures the implementation of PMT Quality Management (QM) Surveillance Tools
* Assures that personnel responsible for the Engineering and Procurement Surveillance Plans comply with the deliverables of the plan as approved with frequent review of findings & metrics as they apply to approved Project Quality Plans.
* Provides specialist support and technical leadership for all welding and NDE related activities including specification development, review and approval of Contractors related documentation, development of ITT documentation
* Provides input to the checklists when developing and planning assessments and verifications.
* Coordinates project-specific Quality Management training and orientation.
* Responsible for reviewing EPC Contractor’s Quality Plans and Individual Quality Plans or procedures of Vendors/Sub-Vendors as required.
* Review and approval of EPC Contractor’s schedule(s) for internal and external technical and quality audits and provision of PMT participation.
* Schedules and conducts Quality Management audits of PMT to ensure continued compliance to the Project Quality Management System and stewards audit findings to resolution and closure.
* Monitors EPC Contractors quality performance in EPC development with contributions to Quality Management surveillance metrics aligned with the approved Project Quality Plan.
* Leads and conducts root cause evaluations and/or Quality Investigations as directed by Assurance Manager.
* Assesses and evaluates Contractors responses to Deviation Requests, / Corrective Action Request / Non-Compliance Report or Specification Deviation Requests for correctness and completeness.
* Coordinates the Quality Management weekly report to the Assurance Manager.
Part B: Person Specification – Minimum Requirements
* Bachelor degree in Engineering or Science – preferably in Metallurgy or Welding Engineering
* Welding Engineer – Certified European Welding Engineer or Certified International Welding Engineer or equivalent
Knowledge and/or Experience
* 15 years minimum experience associated with Quality Assurance and Quality Control and/or Welding Engineering during execution of major projects in oil & gas industry including fabrication and installation of pipelines and offshore assets
* Experience of fabrication and construction of CRA Clad pipelines required
* Experience in radiography, automatic ultrasonic testing and phased array ultrasonic testing (PAUT)
* Minimum 5 years experience working in the Middle East and 5 years experience of executing projects or shareholders
* Verified experience working in Japan or German pipe manufacturing mills
Technical and Business Skills * Written and verbal English language communication skills.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decisions using presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills.
* Ability to manage development and implementation of Projects Managements Systems adapted to Oil & Gas industry.
* Ability to interact with senior leaders and shareholders confidently.
* Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills
Our Client is the largest LNG producing company in the world, with an annual LNG production capacity of 42 million tonnes per annum (MTA), safely and reliably delivering LNG to customers around the globe from world-class facilities in Qatar.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.