Operations Cost Lead
A leading Oil and Gas major are looking for a Operations Cost Lead to join their team on a rotational assignment in Iraq.
The Operations Cost Lead will direct, oversee and actively participate the following activities:
• Manage the Operations input into the Long Term Plan
• Manage the preparation of Operations AWP&B and actively participate
in the integration of activity across the departments to ensure a robust
and deliverable annual work plan.
• Prepare and robustly support the AFEs
• Manage a small national team and be responsible for ongoing development as part of
our nationalisation agenda
• Maintain the cost tracker to monitor and track the overall Operations budget,
forecast and actual costs.
• Develop and maintain a phased forecast profile based on Value of Work
Done (VOWD) and use this to compare variances with Annual Budget,
multi-year estimates and monthly forecasts
• Develop a process to track trends and changes
• Continually strive and deliver continuous improvement through M&T, simplification
• Monitor all cost data provided by contractors assigned to Operations and
validate contractor data for accuracy and compliance with Operations controls
requirements stated in the contract
• Ensure budget exists prior to award of the contract or approval of the
• Develop and maintain forecasts of the most probable cost outcome
• Coding of all requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, invoices
• Verify contractor invoices: Comply with contract terms and conditions,
comply with the established Delegation of Authority, and are processed
• Agree with Finance & Accounting how accruals will be developed and
transmitted and maintain a record of accruals
• Respond to Internal and External audit queries, and support the
Financial Controller on audit exceptions pertaining to Operations Team
• Maintain the Operations Headcount data, an track against the approved NTE
• Establish and maintain relationships with project, partners and function
to obtain and exchange data and information.
BS degree in a relevant field or Chartered Status or Accreditation with
An Accounting Qualification e.g. CIMA or equivalent experience
Essential experience and job requirements:
• Extensive experience in cost engineering / control positions in Oil and Gas related projects
• Previous experience of working within a multi-cultural and multidiscipline environment is preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deliver exceptional results in difficult project environments.
• Advanced Excel; good Word and PowerPoint skills
• Good organisational skills
• Team Lead experience