Marine Operations Specialist-
Rotation Onshore (28/28)
Scope of Work
This position is reporting to the Head of Marine. N+2 is the Logistics Manager.
The job is rotational (28 days on/off) based in head office in Doha with frequent travel to port and offshore required during mobilization periods.
The job holder will:
· Support all Company marine activities through planning, co-ordination, execution and completion phases according to companies’ procedures and guidelines, legislative requirements and industry best practices.
· Acts as a focal point within Marine Logistics, directly responsible for vetting, inspection, approval, acceptance and day to day management of all floating units within the operated Al Shaheen as per Company and OCIMF requirements.
· Be responsible to taking proactive measures to ensure fleet reliability, optimization and uptime is maximized.
· Responsible for ensuring a strong “Incident Free” safety culture on board company-chartered vessels.
· Contribute to the improvement of safety, security and environment within the framework of HSEQ policy concerning marine operations.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with HSE legislation, Qatari laws, rules and regulations standards, and procedures under area of responsibility to ensure employee and contractor safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND DIRECTION
· Be held accountable for area of reasonability
· Support the development, preparation and review of procedures, guidance manuals, operating instructions and any other documentation deemed necessary to support safe marine activities.
· Provide Head of Marine with regular updates and analysis on vessels and contractors performance and results.
· Support the implementation of the companies Qatarization Program.
· Assist as required to support all marine activities carried out on behalf of the Company
· Responsible for delivering safe and efficient marine operations, which includes vetting, inspections and audits of all floating assets.
· Contribute in the marine technical aspect of all calls for tender.
· Assist in contract management within area of responsibility. Ensuring monthly operational and 3 monthly HSE meetings are carried out in line with company guidance.
· Ensure wash up meetings are held following all vessel spot charters, ensuring lessons learned from internal stakeholders as well as contractors are captured and actioned for future tenders.
· Carry out monthly operational meetings with internal stakeholders in order to maintain ongoing improvement and optimization.
· Ensure companies marine and technical standards are assessed, updated and in line with international and national legislative requirements and industry best practices.
· Ensure that all marine operations carried out on behalf of the company follow companies marine and technical standards, international and national legislative requirements and industry best practices.
REPORTING AND INVESTIGATION
· Responsible for ensuring the methods and tools are in place for completion of all marine reports and KPI’s.
· Ensure Head of Marine is kept informed on relevant issues which could affect operational, safety and commercial aspects of the operation.
· Represent Company appropriately in accordance with core values when interfacing with stakeholders
· Exhibit financial prudence through the companies MySave initiative.
· Master Mariner or Chief Engineer – Class 1 Unlimited COC
· 10 years industry experience, including 5 years as Senior Officer onboard DP vessels.
· Unlimited DP or DP Maintenance License
· Knowledge of International marine rules and regulations (IMO, OCIMF, SOLAS, MARPOL),
· OCIMF accredited OVID Inspector preferred
· ISO 9001 Lead Auditor preferred
· Strong knowledge and experience in offshore marine operations, such as jack up rig move, towing, dynamic positioning, vessel inspection, walk to work gangway operations, heavy lift, pipe lay, saturation and air dive, ROV and anchor handling.
· Experienced technical author with strong computer skills. (MS Office)
· Ability to integrate into to an established and diverse team of marine industry professionals
· Ability to identify and deliver solutions to complex and challenging problems
· Strong communication skills, with the ability to work both as part of a team and solely.
· Motivated and proactive, able to produce high quality work with minimal supervision
· Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.