The Maintenance Advisor will be tasked with the efficient execution of maintenance activities in their assigned area. In addition, the Maintenance Advisor will be a mentor and coach to the maintenance technicians and contractors in the areas of safety, reliability and efficient execution of work.
* Promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
* Support the execution of work in accordance with the Control of Work standards.
* Lead maintenance teams to deliver integrity improvement initiatives within assigned facilities.
* Deliver timely, efficient and high-quality maintenance activities at assigned Degassing Stations and other related assets.
* Coordinate with Production/Operations staff to identify/prioritize and schedule maintenance activities.
* Advise and coach a multi-disciplined Iraqi Maintenance workforce at assigned assets.
* Ensure maintenance work is identified, planned, and documented in the CMMS system.
* Monitor maintenance performance KPIs and act accordingly to improve performance where needed.
* Champion delivery of work management processes.
* Identify areas of improvement in safety, reliability and efficient execution of work.
* Implement preventive and predictive maintenance strategies to drive long term reliability improvement.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Technical degree or HNC certificate in an engineering discipline
Extensive and relevant experience in maintenance repairs, engineering, reliability or other plant experience and must have demonstrated strong leadership capabilities.
Key skills include communication, interpersonal relationships, facilitation, influencing, and negotiating. Must be able to develop others and foster diverse relationships in a multicultural environment
Ability to identify proper priorities of maintenance activities
The ability to multitask while performing job tasks
Identify and assess safety hazards
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* A passion and relentless drive for continuous improvement
* Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing operating teams and contractors
* Able to prioritize work in a high activity environment
* Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
* Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
* Strong bias for being proactive and getting results
* Demonstrate planning, organizational and communication skills
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.