CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR – ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENT
Main Duties / Accountabilities:
* Familiar with the Qatargas Health, Safety and Environment requirements and ensure that they are adhered to during Construction activities.
* Ensure Safety compliance at Site and participated in Qatargas Safety IIF Program.
* Engage Contractors, Sub-contractors, and applicable Third Parties with a professional approach and maintain a good working level relationship.
* Engage, support, and monitor Contractor and Sub-contractors in the implementation of the Site specific SHE Program, Emergency Response, and Evacuation Drill Programs. Participate in Incident / Accident Investigation and prevention of recurrence.
* Fully conversant with Qatargas and CAT III Project(s) discipline specific, facility related technical specification requirements.
* Interface and coordinate with the CAT III Project’s Engineering and QA/QC Teams.
* Ensure that the latest revision of CAT III Project(s) Construction documentation are available before commencement of the related Construction activity.
* Coordinate Contractor’s Construction activities, and interface coordination with the activities of Third Parties. Coordinate Contractors Construction activities with Qatargas Operations to avoid interference with existing Onshore and Offshore facilities.
* Ensure that Construction activities are carried out in accordance with Qatargas rules, regulations, Procedures and Permit to Work (PTW).
* Ensure that Construction activities are carried out in accordance with QP-RLC rules regulations, procedures and the Consolidated Permit to Work System in areas under QP-RLC jurisdiction.
* Review the Construction sequence / logic, Construction Method Statements / Procedures, and Pre-task Planning to ensure comprehensive feasibility and safety. And insure that they are implemented at Site.
* Continuously monitor Construction activities in progress at Site and at critical activities locations against the applicable Qatargas and CAT III Project(s) Technical Specifications.
* Review activities and inspection results (reports / tests) to ensure compliance with Contract requirements before proceeding with succeeding Construction activities.
* Monitor and ensure the correction of Non-Conformance Report items and other issues supporting QA/QC compliance.
* Conduct Construction surveillance activities per PMD requirements, and participate in Construction Walkthroughs.
* Prepare a Daily Report summarising the construction progress and concerns, and coordinate directly with the assigned Construction Lead regarding any significant issues identified.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
* Works in accordance with Qatargas Policies & Procedures and directives from the Head of CAT III.
* Provides Construction and Constructability recommendations on tenders, design, and at Site that can benefit Qatargas and avoid cost implications.
* Discusses with the Head of CAT III Construction / Construction Lead, and the Contractor regarding Site issues / problems, and work progress encountered at Site.
* Operates in a comprehensive technical and supervisory role to support all construction related activities for CAT III Projects.
* Works with in established company, Industry Policies and Procedures.
Communications and Working Relationships:
* Close working relationship with the Construction Lead, other Construction Supervisors, QA/QC Inspectors, and Discipline Engineers for planning and execution of CAT III Project(s) Construction Activities.
* Frequent contacts with Qatargas Operations regarding Permit to Work (PTW), and material passes, supplier representatives, Contractors, and Sub-contractors during planning and execution of CAT III Project(s) Construction Activities.
* Regular meetings with the Construction Lead to discuss Construction activities, progress and work priorities.
* Regular internal contact with the Construction Lead and CAT III Project’s Engineering and QA/QC Teams regarding Construction related issues.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Minimum Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical / Instrument Engineering.
* Thorough knowledge of IEC, NEC, NFPA, BS, NEMA, NETA… etc. Codes / Standards.
* Minimum of (10) years broad experience in all phases of Construction planning, field execution and mechanical completion activities in Electrical and Instrument discipline for EPC type Oil and Gas Projects.
* Worldwide experience working in Greenfield and Brownfield Projects with Contractors and subcontractors, in particular those involved in the Construction of Onshore and Offshore (when required), Plant Shutdowns, Oil & Gas, Chemical and / or Petrochemical Plant Facilities. In addition to extensive experience in installation and testing of electrical, instrument, and systems control equipment and systems.